Fürchten: Fears we have in life


This Sunday we hear that the disciples locked themselves in fear of the Jews in John 20. But also this Sunday we hear about peace we have in Christ in His forgiveness in face of the fears we experience in our daily life.  When I was in 11th grade, my public school English class had an assignment of writing a short prose on a certain topic.  I chose the topic of fear.  I imagined a child in a dark bedroom frightened by the darkness.  The child looks around the room imagining the various monsters that could be in the room.  The point of the short prose that I wrote was with this in mind, the false fears we live with in life.  I entitled it "Fürchten" which means "fear" in German.  Why in German, I was just trying to be cleaver with the title.  Here it is:  

Fürchten

It enters the consciousness,

a constructional image created

to attack the senses of the body.

Darkness is appealing,

adding to the effects of the illusion,

in progressing to haunt the physical and mental self.

Creating a pseudo like monster,

a knowing of the unknown that isolates reality.

Comments

Popular Posts