THE PRESENCE OF GOD

 


Exodus 25:1-20 details the contents and the making of the Ark of the Covenant. 21 You shall put the mercy seat on top of the ark, and in the ark you shall put the Testimony that I will give you. 22 And there I will meet with you, and I will speak with you from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubim which are on the ark of the Testimony, about everything which I will give you in commandment to the children of Israel.” (Exodus 25:21-22 NKJV) Moses was instructed how to construct the Ark and what it would contain. The Ark was carried with the Israelites through the wildness and into the promised land. The Ark represents the presence of God.

We have the privilege of not hauling the Ark everywhere we go to have the presence of God. 20 For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.” (Matthew 18:20 NKJV) When we gather for worship, we have the assurance of the present of God. Through the Sacraments we also have the physical presence of the Living God. In my thinking we are the lucky ones. When I wake each morning I thank the God of the heavens and earth for allowing me to be born on this side of the cross. I hope you find something to celebrate about being a child of the One True God each day, Our God Lives……….

Comments

Popular Posts