July 30, 2026 PORTALS OF PRAYER READINGS
John 14:1-6
I Am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life
14 “Let not your hearts be
troubled. Believe in God;[a] believe
also in me. 2 In my Father's house
are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to
prepare a place for you?[b] 3 And
if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take
you to myself, that where I am you may be also. 4 And you know the way to where I am going.”[c] 5 Thomas
said to him, “Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know
the way?” 6 Jesus said to
him, “I am the way, and the truth,
and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
Footnotes
- John 14:1 Or You believe in God
- John 14:2 Or In my Father's house are many rooms; if it
were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you
- John 14:4 Some manuscripts Where I am going you know,
and the way you know
Psalm 91
My Refuge and My Fortress
91 He who dwells in the
shelter of the Most High
will
abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say[a] to
the Lord, “My refuge and
my fortress,
my God,
in whom I trust.”
3 For he will deliver you
from the snare of the fowler
and from
the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his pinions,
and
under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness
is a shield and buckler.
5 You will not fear the terror of the
night,
nor the
arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in darkness,
nor the
destruction that wastes at noonday.
7 A thousand may fall at
your side,
ten
thousand at your right hand,
but it
will not come near you.
8 You will only look with your eyes
and see
the recompense of the wicked.
9 Because you have made
the Lord your dwelling
place—
the Most
High, who is my refuge[b]—
10 no evil shall be allowed to befall you,
no
plague come near your tent.
11 For he
will command his angels concerning you
to guard
you in all your ways.
12 On their hands they will bear you up,
lest
you strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread on the lion and
the adder;
the
young lion and the serpent you will trample underfoot.
14 “Because
he holds fast to me in love, I will deliver him;
I will
protect him, because he knows my name.
15 When he calls to me, I will answer
him;
I will
be with him in trouble;
I will
rescue him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him
and show
him my salvation.”
Footnotes
- Psalm 91:2 Septuagint He will say
- Psalm 91:9 Or For you, O Lord, are my refuge! You have made the Most High your
dwelling place
ESV® - The
Holy Bible, English Standard Version Copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a
division of Good News Publishers. All rights reserved.
Source for Bible text - www.biblegateway.com
Comments
Post a Comment