August 10, 2026 PORTALS OF PRAYER READINGS
John 10:22-38
I and the Father Are One
22 At that time the Feast of Dedication took place at
Jerusalem. It was winter, 23 and Jesus was walking in the temple, in the
colonnade of Solomon. 24 So the
Jews gathered around him and said to him, “How long will you keep us in
suspense? If you are the Christ, tell us plainly.” 25 Jesus answered them, “I
told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in my Father's
name bear witness about me, 26 but you
do not believe because you are not among my sheep. 27 My
sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they will never
perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me,[a] is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch
them out of the Father's hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”
31 The Jews picked up stones again to stone him. 32 Jesus answered
them, “I have shown you many good works from the
Father; for which of them are you going to stone me?” 33 The Jews answered him, “It is not for a good work
that we are going to stone you but for blasphemy, because you, being a
man, make yourself God.” 34 Jesus
answered them, “Is it not written in your
Law, ‘I said, you are gods’? 35 If
he called them gods to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot
be broken— 36 do you say of
him whom the Father consecrated and sent into the world, ‘You are
blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’? 37 If I am not doing the works of my Father, then do
not believe me; 38 but if I do
them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may
know and understand that the Father is in me and I am in the Father.”
Footnotes
- John 10:29 Some manuscripts What my Father has given to
me
Psalm 2:7-12
7 I will tell of the decree:
The Lord said to me, “You are
my Son;
today I have begotten you.
8 Ask of me, and I will make the nations your
heritage,
and the ends of the earth your
possession.
9 You shall break[a] them with a rod of iron
and dash them in pieces like a
potter's vessel.”
10 Now therefore, O kings, be wise;
be warned, O rulers of the earth.
11 Serve the Lord with fear,
and rejoice with trembling.
12 Kiss the Son,
lest he be angry, and you perish in the
way,
for his wrath is quickly kindled.
Blessed are all who take refuge in him.
Footnotes
- Psalm 2:9 Revocalization yields (compare Septuagint) You
shall rule
ESV® - The Holy Bible, English Standard Version Copyright ©
2001 by Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers. All rights
reserved.
Source for Bible text - www.biblegateway.com
Comments
Post a Comment