COLLEGE CUPS

This is my collection of coffee cups from many of the schools I worked with when I as doing admission work for the seminary. Sadly, some of these school closed. One great schools that closed was one of the first black colleges in the United States, Concordia Selma. I visited Concordia Selma a number of times and preached in their chapel. They were always very, very welcoming.  I also visited their museums in Selma and learned a lot of history regarding the events that have taken place in Selma and the history of the Concordia Selma.  It was in Selma that Martin Luther King Jr. marched for civil rights (March 25, 1965) with many of his followers. Did you know that Martin Luther King Jr's original name was Michael King Jr. named after his father.  His nickname was "Little Mike".  His father came back from Europe and was so impressed by Martin Luther (1483-1546) that he changed his name and changed his five year old son to Martin Luther King Jr. 

I visited Seminário Concordia de São Leopoldo, Brazil. I met a wonderful faculty and the staff and students were so kind and welcoming. I look forward to visiting them again sometime.

I studied and returned to study at Lutherische Theologische Hochschule.  I enjoyed my experience and look forward to making my way out there soon.

That is my Linux computer, the new world! ;)

Concordia River Forest
Lutherische Theologische Hochschule, Oberursel, Germany (I studied there and visited there a few times for my studies)
Concordia University Ann Arbor
Bethany Vikings
Concordia University, Texas
Indiana University, Fort Wayne
Concorida College Selma, Hornets (closed)
Concordia University, St. Paul
Concordia Theological Seminary, Fort Wayne (I graduated - MDiv/STM and work there)
Concordia University Nebraska
Concordia University Cavaliers, Portland, OR (closed)
Valparaiso University, Valparaiso, IN
Concordia University Wisconsin
Preach the Word 150th Anniversary Celebration, CTSFW (an anniversary cup)
Concordia University, Austin, TX
Concordia College, Broxville, NY (closed)
Concordia Uniniversity, Irvine, CA
Concordia Seminary, St. Louis, MO
Hillsdale College, Hillsdale, MI
Seminário Concordia de São Leopoldo,Brazil - Igreja Evangélica Luterana do Brasil (I visited a friend and attended over a weeks worth of classes. There were so hospital to me!)

Comments

Popular Posts