WHY I MENTOR

 RLS MENTOR MINISTRY - WHY I MENTOR

“This school year will be my 3rd year to mentor. When considering this I thought

of all the reasons not to agree to do this. I thought through the reasons such as

more trips into town, additional time from my day, an every-week commitment,

and, oh my, what if I am paired with a difficult student! Well, this has all turned

out very differently. The young lady I have been paired with is now a 6th grader

who is one of the nicest young ladies I have met. She has become the reason

that I am glad to have made this commitment. She and the other students are

growing up in a very different world than what I experienced. Hopefully each

week having a listening ear, an encouraging word, and a little advice thrown in

there too, helps her continue to grow in her in her faith, academics, and her

personal life. Marcia Smith”

Comments

Popular Posts